Why Work from Home?
Working from home isn’t just a fad. In fact, more people are deciding to work for companies which give their employees the opportunity to work from home. Many job seekers are now deciding work from home opportunities are exactly the only way to go.
We’ve talked to work at home professionals to get their take on this topic. Our goal was to discover what were the determining reasons and factors which contributed to their decision to work from home. When asked what were the five factors which led them to taking telecommuting positions this is how they answered:
- Flexibility – Have some control over when and how long you work
- No Stressful Commute – The absence of driving through congested traffic is a plus
- No Micro management – In most positions you learn the job and perform. You manage yourself.
- No Boss – With most positions, after you complete training you are your own boss.
- Work Environment – You create your work space and environment. Make it what you would like to see.
So there you have it. These are some of the more popular reason we got from folks who work from their home office. One big takeaway was that those who work from home tend to be overall more happy than those who I personally know which work in a cubical in an office space.
Having the flexibility and control of one’s work schedule fared high and was deciding factor to work from home with almost all we interviewed. You can follow our blog for more information about work from home opportunities and if it would be a good fit for you.